Keeler Professional Direct Ophthalmoscope & Retinoscope Set
The Keeler Professional Direct Ophthalmoscope has been designed to ensure ultimate control. Lenses, graticules and filters can all be introduced at the touch of a fingertip. No need to pull away from the patient, the Professional Ophthalmoscope makes routine examination far easier. An ideal choice for optometrist's, ophthalmologists and optometry students to perform direct ophthalmoscopy.
Whatever your requirement, from basic examination to detailed diagnosis, there is a Keeler ophthalmoscope for you, with all inherent qualities of a Keeler direct ophthalmoscope you would expect.
Keeler optical system – the more you see the better the diagnosis: Keeler’s wide-angle light beam and individual mirror alignment ensures that whatever the patient’s pupil size, you will see the clearest view of the retina.
Comfort and fit: With curved surfaces and subtle patient side marking, the contoured, curved ophthalmoscope head guarantees an optimal viewing angle and the smooth line surfaces ensure a patient friendly non-threatening instrument.
Slim line handles: Keeler hand held’s are supplied on a slim line, light weight robust handle.
Light, tough and built to last: Keeler ophthalmoscopes are built from resilient, light weight materials to give you many years of trouble free service.High impact resistant covers combined with a strong, rigidchassis protect the carefully aligned optics.
Controllable light for bright, clear images: The bright white Halogen or Xenon illumination is fully adjustable from zero. This ensures the comfort of your patients and the best possible diagnosis for you.
Reflex free images: Individually controlled optics reduce the effect of corneal reflex whilst minimising shadows and providing clearer retinal visualisation.
- Positive action maywheel and comprehensive lens range: The positive action, easy access, maywheel not only allows you to dial up the required lens quickly, but also gives you total control of where you are in the lens range making each exam quicker and easier. The extensive range of +29D to –30D in single dioptre steps ensures easy examination of all ocular structures and covers a wide range of patient/user prescriptions. A quick step swing of +/- 20D helps speed up diagnosis.
- Xenon illumination: The Professional also uses Xenon illumination for a brighter and whiter long lasting light. Giving you more power and fewer bulb changes.
- Swing over filter: The red free filter for enhanced vessel examination can be used in conjunction with any of the 6 diagnostic beams.
- Brow rest: The integral soft brow rest allows for easy positioning and protects your lenses if you are a spectacle wearer.
- 600 lux of brilliant halogen illumination: The Professional Combi Retinoscope guarantees you enough light to refract even the most difficult eyes.
- Neutralisation check (Patented): The only Retinoscope allowing rapid confirmation of neutralisation. In both Streak and Spot modes you can change the beam from divergent to convergent enabling you to cross check the accuracy of the neutral point. The ability to double check neutralisation in the upper position guarantees the assessment is correct every time.
- Precision magnetic control (Patented): Improved 360º access to a single control for both rotation and convergence adjustments. The precision movements are achieved by use of rare earth magnet technology.
- Two position aperture: A simple finger movement allows a choice of 4mm or 1.7mm aperture to optimise brightness or resolution of the retinal reflex.
- Unique spectacle bar: An interchangeable soft pad is available for spectacle wearers.
You can purchase your Direct Ophthalmoscope and Retinoscope in a slimline double handle case and add in a Lithium Double Charger.
The graticule control is used to select the required beam for examination. The graticule range for the Professional Direct Ophthalmoscope is as follows:
Illuminates the largest area of fundus for the best possible general diagnosis through a dilated pupil.
Permits easier access through an undilated pupil in peripheral examination. Particularly useful in paediatric examination.
Designed specifically for viewing the macular area of the fundus. Reduces pupillary reaction and improves patient comfort.
Used primarily to determine retinal elevations and depressions but may also be used to assess anterior chamber depth.
Projects a graticule onto the retina to assess the optic disc/cup ratio as an aid to glaucoma diagnosis and monitoring.
Projects a graticule on to the retina for assessment of the degree and direction of eccentric fixation. This is particularly useful when examining children.
Red Free (Green filter)
Is used to examine the blood vessels in fine detail. The green filter blocks red rays showing blood vessels as black against a dark green background. This filter is particularly useful for diabetic retinopathy.
The Specialist & Retinoscope Sets are available in the following combinations:
- Professional Ophthalmoscope & Streak Retinoscope Set 3.6v Lithium Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1059
- Professional Ophthalmoscope & Spot Retinoscope Set 3.6v Lithium Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1061
- Professional Ophthalmoscope & Streak Retinoscope Set 2.8v Dry Cell Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1058
- Professional Ophthalmoscope & Spot Retinoscope Set 2.8v Dry Cell Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1060
Professional Ophthalmoscope on Slimline Handle
- 3.6V Professional Ophthalmoscope on Slimline Handle
Part #: 1128-P-1014
- 2.8V Professional Ophthalmoscope on Slimline Handle
Part #: 1128-P-1013
Professional Ophthalmoscope Accessories
- Pack of 2 Professional Ophthalmoscope Bulbs 3.6V Xenon
Part #: 1011-P-7114
- Pack of 2 Professional Ophthalmoscope Bulbs 2.8V Xenon
Part #: 1011-P-7106
- Professional Streak Retinoscope 3.6V
Part #: 1302-P-1011
- Professional Spot Retinoscope 3.6V
Part #: 1302-P-1009
- Professional Streak Retinoscope 2.8V
Part #: 1302-P-1010
- Professional Spot Retinoscope 2.8V
Part #: 1302-P-1008
Professional Retinoscope Bulbs
- Pack of 2 Professional Streak Retinoscope bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7009
- Pack of 2 Professional Spot Retinoscope bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7011
- Pack of 2 Professional Streak Retinoscope bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7008
- Pack of 2 Professional Spot Retinoscope bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7010
Vista Retinoscope Bulbs
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Streak Bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7009
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Spot Bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7007
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Streak Bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7008
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Spot Bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7006
Direct Ophthalmoscope Heads Only
- 3.6V Professional Ophthalmoscope head only
Part #: 1128-P-1004
- 2.8V Professional Ophthalmoscope head only
Part #: 1128-P-1003
- 3.6V Streak Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1007
- 3.6V Spot Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1005
- 2.8V Streak Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1006
- 2.8V Spot Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1004
Chargers and Upgrade Kits
- Double Cord handle power supply
Part #: 1964-P-2001
- Lithium-ion Double Charger
Part #: 1941-P-1368
- Lithium-ion Mini Charger
Part #: 1941-P-1341
- Lithium-ion Double Charger and 2 Handles (Upgrade Kit)
Part #: 1911-P-1228
- Lithium-ion Mini Charger plus Handle (Upgrade Kit)
Part #: 1911-P-1236
- Lithium Battery
Part #: EP39-18918